This blog captures my experiences serving as an African-American Peace Corps Volunteer within the Children, Youth and Families Sector here in the Philippines from September 2012 until September 2014. Enjoy! "The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps."
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Home Sweet Home
Well it is September 5th and I've been home for about a week now. I have to tell that some days I feel like I'm living a dream and sooner or later I will receive an email from Joji (my regional manager . . .or should we say former regional manager now friend) saying that my annual leave time is up and I should be back on a plane returning to the Philippines and site. Up until this Friday evening adjustment has been smooth sailing, friends visiting, going out to eat, talking to family on the phone, re-connecting with RPCVs from the Philippines. But tonight I find myself wanting to sit outside listening to music blasting drinking a San Miguel or on the beach watching a sun set or some sort of event in the Philippines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment