During the month of March, my city Ligao celebrated its 13th anniversary being a city. Ligao is known for its sunflowers, thus it was named the sunflower festival. Below are some pictures from events that took place during the month of March in honor of this celebration.
 |
| Here is a farmer's parade going down the main street towards city Hall. Carabao (waterbuffalo; national animal) are pulling carts with vegetables grown by the farmers. This cart has singkamas (root crop that has a similar taste to a pear and apple), bananas, and squash. |
 |
| Here the Carabao pulls sunflowers and rice grains. |
 |
| This next farmer decided to give the Carabao some swag with sunglasses a hat and lei around his neck. He is pulling bananas, corn, sunflowers, and singkamays. |
 |
| You can see the community members following behind the carabao carts. |
 |
| Directing this large animals can be cumbersome at times but patience is key. |
 |
| Another look at the cart presentation. They are very creative. |
 |
| Michelle and I attended a Paegent for Ms. Ligao, which was very good and well organized. We were a bit under dressed but still enjoyed it and took pictures with our favorites of the night. I'm so short!!! |
 |
| This woman was awarded second runner up but should have had 1st place. Her question was what qualities do you need to be Ms. Ligao, her response, character, service, and humility I believe. Great responses and she is elegant!! |
 |
| Michelle, Leny and I decided to join the fun run around Ligao. I ended up being last in the race but it was a great experience and the scenery was absolutely breathe taking!!!! |
 |
| Here we are 5 am before the race! |
 |
| Here comes the Champion!!!! Hahaha! But I look good! |
 |
| Warming up and getting in the right frame of mind to run! |
 |
| It was a rainy morning and most of the participants were men. There were some women that arrived later before we lined up. |
 |
| The City Hall Plaza, brightly decorated in sunflowers! Beautiful! |
 |
| Here is the start line, looks like we are really going to do this!!! |
 |
| Post race, legs hurting and I'm tired but people still wanted to take pictures with the foreigners!! I power walked, jogged and ran the race. |
 |
| Um, a little tired of the pictures! |
 |
| Thought I should snap a picture with the winning runner since I was the last one to arrive! |
All in all it was a great time to celebrate my city of Ligao and I am glad that we participated in the events ran by the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment