Last year was Cebu in the visayas and this year I chose to head up north, the northern most tip; Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte. The beaches are as equally beautiful, but the weather is not as intense as that Visayan sun and humidity; in other words the weather was just right for a birthday!!!!
My journey began with me getting an over night bus to Manila then taking a one hour flight from Manila to Laoag. Here's a link to my travels. Very long but I broke up the travel over several days. I stayed there one night then took a two hour bus ride to Pagudpud. From there it was a 30 minute trike ride to my oceanfront resort.!!!
Here are a few of the pictures. During the trip I was busy writing for several grants and grad school writing assignments. I chilled and enjoyed my time during the day and wrote at night. It was a great writing retreat and wonderful peaceful last birthday in the Philippines.
| I stayed at Renzo hotel in Laoag city, Ilocos Norte, http://laoagrenzohotel.tripod.com/. This was a standard room with bathroom, tv, aircon for only p1000 pesos! |
| Who doesn't like a good selfie? |
| More views of the room |
| Pretty Nice bathroom with flushing toilet. |
| Separate shower area |
| Some contact information for the hotel. |
| My transportaion from Pagudpud proper to the coastal area where the hotels are. |
| A view of the area from a high point. |
| Finally we are here!!!! I love beaches!!!! |
| My home for the next few days; Casa Consuelo Island Reef. |
| The accomodations, little houses. |
| My sweet room!!! This is awesome!!!! |
| The main road from my homestay to the Blue Lagoon, and Hannahs Beach Resort. |
| IDOL Pagudpud 2014; International Day of Laurenia 2014. What a great day! :) |
| The road leading up to the homestay. |
| Add caption |
| My driver for the day, Johnny. |
| Tricycles of Ilocos Norte, much smaller and better looking than trikes in Bicol. |
| Shameless selfie! |
| The Windmills at Bangui Bay. Beautiful Beach! |
| Johnny was a great photographer that day!!! I'm glad he captured these moments for me! |
| It actually was not sand but small pebbles and rocks that made up the shore. Cool huh. |
| Our next destination; the Kapurpurawan rock formation. |
| I'm on top of the world!!!! Man was it hot out there!!!!! |
| Due to its white color characteristic, its name was derived. In Ilocano word, "Puraw" means white. The rock looked like a large dragon, watching over the entire coast. |
| In order to get to the rock formation I had this little horse down a road for about 15 minutes. Can you imagine riding a horse with a dress on? Yikes. First time for everything. |
| Taking the time to chat with a group of students visiting the lighthouse. |
| Gosh I love the water. |
| No goal is unattainable with the right attitude, be the change you wish to see in the world!!!! Its something about putting my leg up and standing in the power stance that gives me a rush! |
| Back at the Homestay. Such beautiful scenery. I just sat outside completing my work in the evenings. |
| My companion while strolling on the beach. |
| Last day being 27 sunset! |
| Birthday girl! Yay! |
No comments:
Post a Comment