Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bike Check!

September 30th, 2012

So today I have been at site one week and I managed to get a bike! Yes! The budget for our bikes given this year was $6,500.00 pesos including the helmet and I managed to get a bike for $3,870 including a small air pump as well as the helmet.  The bike alone costs $2,850 pesos we negotiated it down $100.00.  The air pump was $220.00 pesos and the woman was not willing to go lower on that.  The helmet I bargained with my host brother for since he is not using his.  He wanted $1,000.00 but I talked him down to $800.00.  Lucky for me that he kept with the negotiated amount because the helmets in the store were more than $1,000.00 pesos.  I don’t think that I will wear the helmet much but I have it! So this bike is your normal mountain speed bike that can be rode around the neighborhood.  No where far and not for a long distance.  I haven’t had a bike since I was about 12 years old.  The only reason that I bought the bike was because PC was paying for it and I may as well use the money as designated versus wasting it.  So now I have a new past time and I am excited about it.  The bike has several speeds but I am sure I will not make use of them because I will be riding s short distance.  I live close enough to my site where I do not have to ride a bike, and the roads close to my house traveling towards the market are not safe enough for an amateur bike rider like me.  My host brother and sister are really excited that I have a bike and insist that I ride it everyday.  Um, that's not going to happen but thanks for the encouragement, not to mention my lil sister is eager to ride it as well.  It looks like "WE" the family have a new bike and not just the "PCV".

Happy Riding.
Here is a small glimpse of my red bike.  Oh yea You can see part of my room! Blog coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment