Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Permanent Site Announcement

August 27th, 2012

So here is the info.
PERMANENT SITE: Home For Girls, Ligao, Albay (Bicol Region of Luzon)!  A residential institution that provides protection, care, treatment and rehabilitation to abused and exploited girls below 18 years old.

There is also Reception and Study Center for Children, that is a home for children ages 0-6 years old who have been neglected/abused, abandoned or surrendered and are cared for here in the agency until a permanent family is found.  At times there are also local foster care families that provided short-term one-on-one care for the infant/toddler/child.

I start working there Sept. 21, 2012. I'm happy with my placement. My new house family is composed of a widower, and two children. They don't have running water in the house so this will be an adjustment. I'm not sure about the internet access.

I'm not too far from the center of the town though. It will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment