On Saturday afternoon, December 7th, 2013, I took a stroll to Robinson's mall for lunch and was surprised by what I saw when I came out heading back to pension. My attention immediately was focused on a group of men who appeared to be foreigners ready with cameras to catch some action pretty soon. I thought to myself, hmmm something is about to happen pretty soon, I hope I can miss the traffic!!! I looked down the road (Pedro Gil towards Roxas Blvd) and saw a large crowd of people coming my way. A parade, the usual here in the Philippines, but it was not until I saw the sign below that I realized what type of parade/march it was.
It turned out to be the Annual Metro Manila Pride March, coming down Gil Pedro.
| A photo of one of the anti-gay rights supporters hackling the marchers as they make their way down a crowded street in Manila. The sign reads "Gay sex is sin! Repent! Christ can save you from lust and demonic bondage". |
Below are a series of videos that I caught while strolling down the street. In a few of them you can see the street children who joined the march down the road. Many of the chants were "Gay rights are human rights!" There were different groups present like a transgendered group, a group of nations around the world, youth groups, drag queen groups, they were all present on Saturday December 7th, 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment