Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Did Someone Say less than 2 Years Left?

So today makes two months that I have been here at site and almost 5 months here in the Philippines.  What is my initial reaction to this.  The only natural reaction . . .5 months down and 22 months to go! So how do I feel at this moment.  Well its November 21st, 2012 but here in the Philippines it just feels like an April spring day.  I miss the cold weather and my fall apparell.  I miss driving in my car, riding on the highway and parrallel parking, as annoying as it was.  I'm hungry alot of the times at lunch time because I eat with the Social Workers, Pscyhologists and host parents.  Here in the Philippines rice is considered the main dish and the meat or vegetables is the side dish or "ulam".  There is never enough ulam and I already eat a healthy serving of the rice. More recently I have been going to town after work and getting a snack from the local Fast Food chain . . .Jolli Bee! They have some in CA or other places in the United States where there is a large Filipino population.  It does the trick for a couple hours and then its the same again the next day.  I need snacks in my life! Other than that all is well, I have periods when I am bored out of my mind and think I am in the twilight zone.  The stares are becoming annoying and I just feel my eyes rolling! bahaha. I have insect bites, and minor skin irritations because the climate is so humid! My hair is great, I keep it braided and out of the way, so no problems.  I have friends! Yes I said it, I see the other volunteers almost everyweek and now look forward to and appreciate the time we spend together! Two months at site with 22 more months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment