Sunday, November 11, 2012

I told you so! Take it out!

September 1st, 2012


  Today I did it! Sad face. I removed my industrial ear piercing on this first day of September 2012.  A few days ago, I was told by my supervisor that I had to remove any access piercings and could only wear earrings in my first two holes.  The traditional look.  Though I think my piercing was a freedom of expression, I understand what example I will need to set with the girls and women.  Being that I am a foreigner, American at that, the girls will attempt to emulate everything that I do and will ask questions about my appearance.  I'm still a bit distraught none the less because it is a new piercing and since it has not yet fully healed, the hole will close up.  Huh, this is the start of my new journey.  Reluctance and skepticism run through my mind as I wonder if this is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment