In two weeks I will leave the home that I know to go where I will serve for two years. It is really a bitter sweet moment because I am happy and look forward to my new journey and experiences in Bicol but I will miss my family here in Santos Tomas. Not only will I miss the physical house but also the people, laughs and good times that we shared here. We came in the rain season and it rained everyday here with only a few days of sunshine, but it has made us all stronger. The arguments, fights, floods have built onto our character. Although we have had a wide variety of characters in our group, I appreciate the exposure, as it will only make my character stronger and diverse and better able to handle them in the future. Huh. Good ol San Isidro. The people there have less than Santo Tomas but they are hospitable and fun to be around! They truly are a community of hard working people. In Santo Tomas we have laughs with kuya, Tanduay ice and sitting in front of the Sari Sari laughing and joking.
The local Laundromat has been my haven and I will have to hand wash once we get to site. My stellar memories of technical are the literacy camp, life skills camp and PACA. I will take what I have learned and use it in the future. I thank God for this amazing opportunity here in the Philippines. Thy will be done, so if I don't stay the full two years I will not ask why but what now/next. I'm sure I will shed a few tears, which is normal but I shouldn't cry because it ended but rather be happy that it happened. It's amazing how much I have learned and saw over the past two months. Humility will always be important. I have to remember my motivation for being here. As it got me here but what will keep me here!? Lol. I think my need to take back to my community what I have learned will keep me here.
I still struggle with the foods. I like fish, chicken the pork and beef, but not always the way that it is prepared. When I move out on my own, I will have to find different things to cook. I wonder how I will adjust to not having running water. Something that we take for granted will be so scarce. I'm expecting the worst and hoping or the best. The language is fun. I will have I learn a new language, bicolano now. But I will have a tutor for that. I am really itching to go to a beach. It's been sometime since i have been to one. It's not the pisces to be that far away from home (water and beach) for a long amount of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment