Well January began and has been off to a great start. The construction of our Cottage began promptly after we signed a contract to provide all of the materials as well as the labor. The construction should be finished within two weeks then its on to the plumbing and electrical wiring. :)
 |
| Lea and I are pictured signing our contract for the contractor who will supply the materials as well as the labor!! |
 |
| Surprise!!! I have a new sitemate. Her name is Michelle and she is a Peace Corps Volunteer from Virginia. Go figure! |
 |
| Our Jollibee Celebration. |
Towards the middle of January, some batchmates and I traveled to Negros Occidental and attended the Cadiz's town festival. Paint throwing has become a staple in this festival! It was awesome!!!!
 |
| Mid-morning picture of the madness. I had to keep my hair protected. I had a shower cap, a buff, and lastly a sarong covering my hair!! |
 |
| Later in the afternoon, my glasses were covered and my face for the second time. I peeled off the paint from the morning. |
 |
| The aftermath of the fight and us being foreigners |
The next day, Sunday we traveled over to Sagay to see another PCV's CRM (coastal resource management site). We ventured to the island of Suyac where his eco-tourism project is up and running.
Our lunch was composed of steamed crab, kinilaw (raw fish that is cooked by the chemical process), rice, roasted fish and Coca Cola. It was a great lunch.
From there we ventured to the reef and did some swimming and hanging out more.
 |
| Nothing but laughs and good times for me. I felt the need to wear this bikini top that I found for free! Looking good! |
 |
| My friend Denice snorkeling for the first time! Its amazing the opportunities that PC gives people! :) |
 |
| The sun setting. |
 |
| My face is somewhat covered in paint but my neck is definitely covered. The paint used is the kind that is typically used in painting houses or buildings. It should be waterbased but sometimes kids get whatever is available to serve the purpose. |
 |
| First signs of construction!!!! |
 |
| I'm gazing into the stream close to my house. My shirt says "I'm an advocate" its a call to end domestic violence. |
 |
| Our building on the second week of construction. The space in the wall shows the division in the two rooms. |
 |
| Window view. |
 |
| Inside of the building. |
 |
| Frame finished, on to the roof and electrical, plumbing! |
On the last Friday of the month all of the volunteers attended a volunteer dinner which was given by a partnering agency.
No comments:
Post a Comment